- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 skinless bone-in chicken breast half about 10 oz.
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 to 4 ounces green beans trimmed and halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest grated
- The chicken: In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour; shake off any excess. Place in skillet, and cook until lightly browned on one side, about 3 minutes.
- Turn chicken breast, and add garlic, tomatoes, and 1/3 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Cover, and cook 12 minutes. Add beans and mint; cover, and cook until beans are crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, and spoon tomato mixture on top.
- The rice: In a saucepan, heat remaining teaspoon olive oil over low heat. Add 1/4 cup long-grain white rice; cook, stirring occasionally, until grains start to color, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2/3 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 445 calories; 12.7 grams fat; 57.6 grams protein; 25.4 grams carbohydrates; 7.1 grams fiber