Chicken Apricot Bake
Try a restaurant-quality recipe your family will love. Chicken Apricot Bake fills the kitchen with a fragrant promise of deliciousness for dinner.
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix (I use the chicken Stove Top Stuffing mix.)
- 2/3 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing, apricots, pecans, brown sugar, thyme, salt and pepper and hot water.
- Spread evenly in a greased 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top and spread the apricot preserves over each breast. Sprinkle a little garlic salt on top.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.