- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips
- 2/3 cups plain dried breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for rack
- Coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 7 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- If marinating the chicken in a resealable bag, place it on a plate to catch any drips.
- In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine ½ cup buttermilk and honey. Add chicken, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat broiler. Spread breadcrumbs on a plate. Lift chicken from buttermilk; dredge in breadcrumbs, patting them in. Lightly oil a rack large enough to hold chicken in a single layer; place rack on a baking sheet. Arrange chicken on a rack, and brush chicken with oil.
- Broil 4 inches from heat source (without turning), until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with salt.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauces: In a small bowl, stir together jam, 6 teaspoons lemon juice, and mustard. In a separate bowl, stir together blue cheese and remaining ¼ cup buttermilk and teaspoon lemon juice; sprinkle with scallion. Serve sauces with chicken fingers.