Chicken In Sour Cherry Sauce
- 1 sweet onion finely diced
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups dry red wine such as Cabernet
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries chopped if large
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Soak the cherries in hot water to soften.
- Sauté the sweet onion in 2 tablespoons butter until translucent.
- Add the cinnamon and paprika and stir 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and reduce to 3/4 cup. Add the red wine and reduce to 1½ cups. Add cherries.
- Turn off heat and stir in the sour cream (it won’t curdle off the heat). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute the chicken breasts in the remaining butter until golden brown. Add the finished sauce.