Chicken, Lemon, and Dill with Orzo
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 50 Minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. orzo
- 2 cups crumbled feta (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a saucepan, bring broth, 3/4 cup water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil.
- In a 3-quart baking dish, combine chicken, orzo, feta, dill, lemon zest and juice. Pour broth mixture over orzo and stir once to incorporate.
- Bake until orzo is tender and cooking liquid is creamy, 40 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and let stand 5 minutes before serving.