These chicken meatballs come together quickly and make for a comforting meal midweek. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- Olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- Kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons minced Italian parsley, plus more as garnish
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan-Reggiano, plus more as garnish
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 14 oz marinara sauce
- In a medium skillet, set over medium heat, add about a tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is warm, add the shallot and a pinch of salt. Cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Next add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 additional minutes. Mix in the crushed red pepper and oregano. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- In the bowl with the shallot and garlic mixture, add the Italian parsley, Parmesan-Reggiani, ground chicken, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix with a fork until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scooper, or a tablespoon measure, scoop out rounds of meatballs and transfer them to a plate.
- In the same skillet that we used before (no need to clean it out), add a few tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, add the meatballs, one by one, cooking on each side until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat down to low and cover the pot, cook the meatballs for about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the lid and adjust the salt of the sauce to taste.
- Serve with a side salad and an extra Italian parsley and Parmesan on top.