Chicken Noodle Soup
Ward off a winter cold with some delicious Chicken Noodle Soup in this quick and easy recipe.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 15 Minutes
Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup fine egg noodles
- 2 ounces green beans cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces (1/2 cup)
- 1 carrot coarsely grated
- 4 ounces skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring chicken broth and 1/4 cup water to a boil. Add garlic, noodles, and beans. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add carrot and chicken; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in scallion. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 291 calories; 2.5 grams fat; 36.5 grams protein; 28.8 grams carbohydrates; 5.1 grams fiber