- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 fresh whole sage leaves plus 4 minced leaves
- 4 (6 to 8 ounces each) chicken cutlets
- 4 slices (3 ounces) thinly-sliced proscuitto
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a shallow bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Lay one sage leaf lengthwise on each cutlet, then wrap a prosciutto slice around middle of each cutlet, encasing sage. Flatten with the palm of your hand to help prosciutto adhere to the chicken. Dredge cutlets in seasoned flour; tap off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Cook 2 cutlets until golden-brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove cutlets and keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and 2 cutlets.
- Add wine and broth to skillet; cook over high heat until reduced by three-quarters, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool 1 minute. Add butter and minced sage; stir until butter is melted, about 30 seconds. Spoon sauce over cutlets; serve immediately.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 393 calories; 12.7 grams fat; 52.8 grams protein; 7.1 grams carbohydrates; 0.6 gram fiber