Chickpea and Pasta Soup
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 can (14 ounce) reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup elbow pasta
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic cloves; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and water. Raise heat to high and bring to boil. Add pasta and chickpeas. Cook until the pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, stir in parsley. Sprinkle with ground pepper and parmesan cheese.