Chilean Peach-chipotle Salsa for Grilled Fish
(by Paul Kirk)
To celebrate Chile fruit, the Chilean Fruit Association in association with some of the United States professional chefs held the "Taste of Summer in Winter" recipe contest. Here’s a sampling of some terrific and unique winners!
- 2 cups diced ripe Chilean peaches
- _ cup fresh lemon juice
- _ cup diced red onion
- _ cup diced sweet red pepper
- _ cup canned chipotle chili peppers minced and seeded
- 1 _ teaspoons pressed fresh garlic
- 1 _ teaspoons toasted and crushed cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 12 thin square slices of boneless Chilean sea bass ( 3 ounces each)
- 6 fresh oregano sprigs (garnish)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl to make salsa. Lightly toss to combine flavors. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Place 6 slices of fish in lightly oiled baking dish. Top each piece with _ cup salsa. Cover each piece with another slice of fish. Spoon half the remaining salsa over the fish slices, reserving approximately _ cup for garnish. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until fish test is done.