- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoon ground espresso
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a large bowl, sift first six dry ingredients together and set them aside.
- In a new bowl whisk eggs and vanilla extract together and then pour into sifted ingredients. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Stir until combined.
- Turn the batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and form it into two separate logs, making them long and flat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top does not yield to pressure when touched. Lower the oven temperature to 225°.
- Allow the dough to cool before slicing it into thin cookies with a SHARP bread knife. Put the cookies on another parchment-lined sheet and bake for another 20 minutes until the biscotti are dried out and crisp.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.