Chocolate Cornflake Bars
Chewy and crispy, these chocolate cornflake bars come together in about 5 minutes. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
- 2.5 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 7.8 ounces marshmallows
- 6.4 ounces cornflakes
- 4.2 ounces chocolate chips
- Line a 9-inch x 9-inch brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Add the butter, cocoa powder and marshmallows to a microwave safe bowl and heat until the marshmallows start to melt.
- Stir once, and then return to the microwave until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Stir until the mixture is uniform in appearance.
- Add the cornflakes and chocolate chips and stir to coat evenly.
- Empty the mixture into your prepared pan and use another sheet of parchment paper to flatten the top and press the mixture into the corners of the pan.
- Refrigerate until set, and slice into bars.