Chocolate Ganache Tart
Martha Stewart's chocolate ganache tart recipe appears in the Chocolate Ganache episode of Martha Bakes.
- 3 tablespoons slivered blanched almonds
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (spooned and leveled) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make dough: In a food processor, pulse almonds until finely ground. Add sugar, flour, and salt; pulse until combined. Add butter, pulsing until coarse crumbs form with no large butter lumps (dough should clump together when pinched with fingers).
- Immediately transfer dough to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using a measuring cup, evenly press dough into the bottom and up the sides of pan.
- Bake in center of oven until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Make ganache: Place chocolate in a large mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Pour hot cream, through a sieve, over chocolate. Stir until smooth and creamy in texture. Mix in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture into center of cooled tart shell (if chocolate is lumpy, pass through a sieve). Let stand until set, about 2 hours, or refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.