Chocolate Hazelnut and Banana Tartlets
Nutella (chocolate hazelnut) mixed with mascarpone cheese and spread on top of banana slices in a puff pastry are easy tartlets to make for dessert. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Chocolate Hazelnut and Banana Tartlets at CiaoItalia.com!
Cook time: 8 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 sheet prepared puffpastry
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup Nutella
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry on a work surface into a 12 by 14-inch rectangle; cut out four 6-inch circles. Press each of the circles into four individual 3-inch tart forms with removable bottoms.
- Place the shells on a baking sheet and poke each shell with a fork all over the surface to prevent puffing while baking. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until they are nicely browned.
- Remove shells from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whip the Nutella and mascarpone together with the sugar until well blended.
- Place a layer of banana slices in the bottom of each tart shell, then spoon the Nutella mixture into the shells. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.