Chocolate Pave Hearts
- 2 cups dried cranberrries
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 17 ½ ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 13 egg yolks
- 3 2/3 ounces sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream (whipped to soft peaks)
- 3 egg whites
- melted chocolate (for garnish)
- Soak cranberries in simple syrup to plump. Strain before using.
- Melt chopped chocolate and butter in top of double boiler; remove and cool.
- Whip yolks and 2 2/3 ounces of sugar until fluffy; add chocolate mixture and whisk until it is shiny and pulls away from the sides.
- Gently fold in whipped cream.
- In separate bowl, whip the egg whites with remaining sugar to soft peaks.
- Fold into chocolate mixture. Fold in drained cranberries.
- Pour into heart shaped silicone mold. Refrigerate for four hours until firm.
- Un-mold and drizzle top with melted chocolate.