Silky smooth like the chocolate syrup found in a certain brown bottle, this rich and easy homemade version is made in minutes. Find an attractive jar, add a tag, and you have a perfect kitchen gift.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together cocoa powder, sugar, milk and water.
- Bring to a boil and let boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.