Chunky Peanut Butter Fudge Squares
Here’s a treat that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. Although this fudge is a rich confection and fits the bill for a decadent dessert, it’s full of healthful ingredients thus making it a fun indulgence for kids and adults alike.
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 3 1/2 ounces vegan dark chocolate bar, cut into small pieces (candy bar, not baking chocolate)
- 1⁄3 cup salted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking pan with vegan margarine. Put the peanut butter and maple syrup in a large bowl and stir vigorously until well combined.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over medium-low heat. Pour the chocolate into the peanut butter mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in the sunflower seeds and raisins. Transfer to the prepared pan. Spread in an even layer and smooth the top. Score the surface at 2-inch intervals with a table knife; this will make it easier to cut the fudge after it has set.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate until firm enough that the fudge holds its shape when cut, about 2 hours. Serve chilled. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, the fudge will keep for about 4 days. (But you probably will not have left-overs!)