- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes (lightly crushed with hands)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until translucent, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, and sugar. Simmer, stirring until thickened, 10 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Freeze any leftover sauce up to 3 months.
Nutrition InfoPer cup: 96 calories; 2.7 grams fat; 3.6 grams protein; 16.7 grams carbohydrates; 4.1 grams fiber