Chunky Tomato Soup
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 T. butter
- 2 t. flour
- 2 t. basil
- 2 t. oregano
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can beef consommé
- 1 can tomatoes - 1 lb. 12 oz. can w/ juice
- Fry onions in butter in saucepan for 5 minutes until limp.
- Blend in all ingredients except tomatoes. Heat stirring until thick and smooth.
- Add tomatoes with juice, heat without boiling 12- 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and blend in blender—leave chunky. (Careful! Blending hot liquids can be dangerous.)
- Return to heat, heating through.