Cider Glazed Golden Beets
For a vegetable high in vitamins as well as Folic acid, you can’t beat the beet! The cider adds a little “twang” to this gorgeous side dish.
- 1 each Golden Beets
- 9 each baby carrots, peeled
- 6 ounces water
- 6 ounces chicken broth
- 4 ounces cider
- 1 ounces honey
- 1/2 ounce unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Peel the beets and carrots, cut beets into 4 even wedges and shape into crescents.
- Place into saucepan with water and broth. Simmer slowly until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add cider and honey and continue to simmer slowly.
- Cook until tender, remove vegetables and reduce liquid to a syrupy consistency.
- Monte with whole butter, add vegetables back into the pan and adjust seasoning.