These cinnamon beauties pair well at any meal or serve as a snack. They are so easy to prepare! Laura Theodore also has a multi-course menu for vegans looking for picnic ideas.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup plus 1 teaspoon nondairy milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Oil a twelve-cup mini-muffin tin.
- Put the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, and stir with a dry whisk to combine. Stir in the raisins.
- Stir in the nondairy milk, maple syrup, and olive oil, and mix just until incorporated. The batter will be quite thick. Don’t overmix or the muffins will be tough.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Put the muffin tin on a wire rack. Let cool for about 15 minutes. Carefully remove the muffins. Serve warm or at room temperature.