Citrus Basmati Rice Pudding with Mango and Wonton
Who would have dreamed that Basmati Rice could make such a glorious pudding? This is definitely a rice pudding for grown-ups! Serve it with a snifter of Grand Marnier for one heavenly dessert.
- 1 pound basmati rice
- 1 quart milk
- 2 each Oranges zest and juiced
- Grand Marnier
- Salt to taste
- 1 each mango small dice
- 1 large egg
- 1 quart cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon White sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry ginger
- 1 package won ton wrappers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place the basmati rice, milk, sugar, orange zest and salt in a medium saucepan to cool uncovered. Add the Grand Marnier, stir then pour onto a parchment lined sheet pan, set into a reach-in. Combine the mango, honey and juice of the oranges and set aside. Whisk together the egg and a splash of cream, set aside. Combine the sesame seeds salt and pepper and ginger.
- Lightly brush wonton wrapper with the egg and cream mixture top with seed mixture and sprinkle the wonton wrappers, bake on parchment lined sheet pan until golden. Cool.
- Combine cream and half of the sugar in a mixing bowl fitted with a whip. Whip until the cream forms medium peaks then add remaining sugar. Continue to whip until stiff peaks. Fold in one third of the whipped cream to the chilled rice mixture then another third, then the final third. At service, place a mold on each dessert plate and fill the mold with rice mixture two thirds top with mango and garnish with the crisp.