This classic drink is defiantly a thirst quencher.
Recipe by Michael Procopio
- 5 to 6 mint leaves
- 1 lime quartered
- 3 drops Angostura bitters
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1 ounce guarapo (sugar cane syrup) simple syrup will do
- Ice Crushed ice is ideal small cubs also work
- Club soda
- Muddle mint leaves, bitters and 3 of the lime quarters in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Fill glass to the top with ice.
- Add rum.
- Fill remainder of the glass with guarapo, leaving roughly 1/2 inch at the top. Top off with club soda.
- Cover glass and shake vigorously for a few seconds. Garnish with remaining lime wedge and a slice of sugar cane