Clifford Birthday Party: Big Cheesy Dogs
At home do-it-yourself pigs-in-blanket. Great on their own or with a cheese dipping sauce.
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 slices of American cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package of refrigerated biscuit dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll out biscuit dough.
- Wrap one slice of cheese around each hot dog. Cut strips of biscuit dough large enough to wrap around the cheese and hot dog.
- Place wrapped hot dog on cookie sheet with the overlapped dough facing down.
- Bake in preheated oven until biscuits are golden brown, about 10 or 15 minutes.
Tips/TechniquesTime Saver Tip!
Make mini dogs! Buy prepared "pigs-in-blanket" appetizers, available in grocery stores. You can usually find them in the frozen foods section. Prepare according to package directions. Serve with ketchup, mustard, honey mustard, or a warm cheese dip.