Cobb Salad Wrap
Turn the classic Cobb salad into a potluck appetizer or a plated salad course that's as delicious as it is fun to eat. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
- For Salad
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 7 ounces chicken tenders
- 6 slices crisped bacon, crumbled
- 3 hard boiled eggs, white and yolk chopped separately
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, chopped and drizzled with lemon juice
- 4.3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 5 grams chives, about 14 sprigs finely chopped
- For dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated garlic
- black pepper, to taste
- Soak the butter lettuce in a bowl of cold water to crisp while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add 4 cups of water along with 2 teaspoons of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then add the chicken. When the water returns to a boil, turn off the heat and let the chicken poach until it's cooked through (about 4-6 minutes). You can check to see if the chicken is done by removing a piece and cutting it in half, it should be opaque and no long pink on the inside. When the chicken is cooked, plunge it in cold water to stop the cooking. Chop the chicken into small bite-size pieces.
- Prepare all the other ingredients.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, grated garlic and black pepper.
- Drain the lettuce leaves and dry thoroughly.
- To assemble, you can line the chicken, bacon, egg whites, egg yolks, blue cheese, avocado, and tomatoes up on each leaf of lettuce and drizzle with the dressing, or you can toss the toppings together with the dressing and fill the lettuce cups. Garnish each lettuce cup with a sprinkle of chives.