Coconut Banana Bread Muffins
Baking is a great way to relax, and these coconut banana bread muffins are perfect for a weekend breakfast or an afternoon snack. Food blogger Jenna Weber says you can also omit the eggs to make the recipe vegan in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, walnuts, flaked coconut and salt well. Set aside.
- Cream the coconut oil and brown sugar until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the mashed banana and mix until blended.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix only until just combined (be sure not to over-mix here!). Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, about 3/4th of the way full.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Tips/TechniquesTo make this recipe completely vegan, you can use egg replacer instead of the egg.