Coconut Chicken and Vegetable Curry
Try this curry recipe with coconut chicken and vegetables from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble wrote afull post at Kitchen Explorers.
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings, about 2 1/2 cups each
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or extra-firm tofu or Quorn (a meat substitute, sold frozen), diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a large heavy stock pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the carrots, onions, garlic, and chicken, tofu or Quorn, and sauté it, stirring often, until the onions start to brown, 5-7 minutes. (Hint: If you have picky eaters, remove some of the cooked carrots and chicken or tofu for them now.)
- Add the curry powder, cauliflower, broth and coconut milk. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and salt and serve it over basmati rice.