Coconut Chocolate Pudding
Enjoy this coconut chocolate pudding recipe for two! (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- Chocolate Pudding:
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon, tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Coconut Pudding:
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- To make chocolate pudding: This pudding starts by creating a slurry. To a medium skillet, add the tapioca starch, sugar and salt. Turn the heat to medium low and add a few tablespoons of milk (you can eyeball this); using a fork, whisk vigorously until no lumps of starch are visible. Pour in the remaining milk and stir continuously until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate and continue mixing until the chocolate is thoroughly incorporated. Next, stir in the vanilla extract and immediately run the pudding through a sieve and into a bowl. If any little lumps remain, run it through the sieve a second time. Set aside while you make the coconut pudding.
- To make coconut pudding: To a small bowl, make a slurry by whisking together the water and tapioca starch until smooth. To a medium saucepan, set over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and pinch of salt; stir until the sugar has dissolved. Pour in the starch slurry and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Assembly: Divide about half of the chocolate pudding amongst your 6-ounce ramekins. Top the chocolate pudding with a few spoonfuls of coconut pudding. Again, add more chocolate pudding and top with a few final scoops of coconut pudding. If you hate pudding skin, place a small sheet of plastic wrap on the surface of the pudding and transfer to the fridge to set for at least 3 hours. Or serve warm.