These easy coconut macaroons are the perfect bite sized treats Spring or Easter celebration. Made with coconut, egg whites, lemon zest, and sugar.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and salt together until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Scoop a generous mound (heaping tablespoon) on to a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops have golden specks.