Coconut Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole
A wonderful dish not only for Thanksgiving, but for Easter dinner as well.
- 3 lb. sweet potatoes (6 medium)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/5 cup light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 11/2-quart baking dish.
- Pierce potatoes a few times with a knife. Place potatoes on paper towels in microwave. Microwave on high until very soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, slit potatoes and scoop pulp into a bowl. Add orange juice, brown sugar, ginger, 2 tablespoons of the butter and the salt. Mash until smooth. Spoon into baking dish.
- In small bowl, using your fingers, mix remaining 11/2 tablespoons butter, coconut flakes, pecans and flour until blended. Sprinkle over top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake 30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and potatoes are hot.