Cold and Flu Relief Tonic
A homemade tonic recipe for cold and flu relief. Made with apple cider vinegar, honey, coconut oil, and ginger.
Prep time: 3 Minutes
Cook time: 2 Minutes
Total time: 5 Minutes
Yield: 3/4 cup
- ¼ cup Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-3 thin slices of fresh ginger
- In a small sauce pan, bring the vinegar, honey, water, coconut oil, and ginger to a low simmer until the coconut oil melts. Turn off the heat and whisk until the honey is well mixed. Transfer the tonic to a heat proof container, like a small mason jar.
- Mix the tonic well before taking 1-2 teaspoons by the spoonful or mixed in with 6 ounces of water to make tea.
- *Coconut oil will solidify at the top when the tonic is cool. You can scoop a little of it with the liquid when making tea, or reheat the tonic just enough for the oil to liquify.
- **Ginger coins are not to be consumed but should be left in the container for flavor and can be removed once desired flavor is achieved.