- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 lbs. collard greens trimmed and cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- Coarse salt
- Bring chicken broth and pepper flakes to a boil in a large saucepan. Add collard greens; reduce heat to a simmer, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Season with salt. Serve greens with liquid spooned over the top.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 52 calories; 0.5 grams fat; 5.5 grams protein; 7.4 grams carbohydrates; 4.1 grams fiber