- 2 cucumbers
- 12 ounces soft regular or silken tofu, drained and cubed
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Peel, seed, and chop the cucumbers.
- Put the chopped cucumbers, tofu, onion, lemon juice, garlic, brown sugar and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the dill weed in a blender and process until creamy. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining dill weed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, chill four soup bowls.
- To serve, ladle the soup into the chilled bowls. Garnish each bowl with a sprinkling of dill weed. Serve immediately.
Used by Permission: THE COMPANION COOKBOOK: JAZZY VEGETARIAN, Lively Vegan Cuisine That’s Easy and Delicious © LAURA THEODORE 2011/ Published by: Book Publishing Company