Corn with Bacon Vinaigrette
For a simple dish, caramelize shallots in bacon and add corn to add extra sweetness. (Recipe Courtesy of Marc Matsumoto of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 2 ears of corn
- 2.7 ounces (75 grams) bacon (2 thick-cut slices), chopped into corn-size pieces
- 1.8 ounces (50 grams) shallot (1 large shallot), minced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- .53 ounces (15 grams) basil, julienned
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Shuck the corn, remove any silk clinging to the cob and then cut the kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- Break up the kernels with your fingers so there are are no large chunks remaining.
- Saute the shallots and bacon over medium high heat until the shallots are browned and some fat has rendered out of the bacon.
- Add the corn and saute until the corn is cooked through (it will go from opaque to slightly translucent).
- Add the nutmeg salt, and basil and toss to distribute evenly.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and toss to coat. Serve warm.