- 4 bone-in skinless chicken drumsticks
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° . Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. In a large bowl, mix cornflakes with oil, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned cornflakes, pressing flakes to help them adhere. Transfer coated pieces to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 415 calories; 18.5 grams fat; 42.2 grams protein; 18.3 grams carbohydrates; .8 grams fiber