Enjoy this belly warming recipe for corny chili.
Source: Sisters in Health
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney or black beans
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 10-ounce corn kernels
- 8-ounce package low-fat cheddar cheese
- hot sauce (optional)
- Place beans in a colander and rinse with water. Peel onion and chop into small pieces. Add onion and oil to saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chili powder and garlic powder. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, and corn. Simmer uncovered on medium low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Grate cheese. Sprinkle cheese over individual servings and add hot sauce to taste.
- Serve warm with salsa.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 220 calories, 60 calories from fat, 6 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 28 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fiber, 5 grams sugars, 16 grams protein