Country Garden Quiche
- One pie crust for 9" pie
- 1 pkg basil and tomato feta cheese
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 dashes of hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Then line the bottom with 1/4" slices of tomato. Fill in any empty spaces.
- Crumble the feta cheese on top of the tomatoes. Beat the 2 eggs in a bowl and mix in the cream, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
- Pour this over the feta and tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350°.
- Continue baking for another 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted 1" from the side comes out clean.