Crab Bisque and Garnish
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 12 ounces weight of onions
- 8 ounces weight of carrots
- 1/2 gallon Stone Crab Shells
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1/2 gallon vegetable stock
- 1 gallon cream
- 2 each of bay leaves
- 1/2 ounce weight black pepper
- 3 ounces weight tomato paste
- Salt (to taste)
- White pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 ounces water
- In stockpot, heat olive oil.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots
- Add stone crab shells, sauté for 15 minutes.
- Add white wine and brandy. Reduce.
- Add vegetable stock; reduce by half.
- Add heavy cream, bay leaves, black pepper.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
- Add tomato paste, crab base, salt and white pepper. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, then strain.
- Make slurry with corn starch and water, add to bisque and simmer for 5 minutes. 10. Cool in ice water bath.
- Label, date and store.