Crab Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
This recipe adds lump crab meat to macaroni and cheese, making the classic dish even more indulgent. Watch Donna Reynolds make crab macaroni and cheese casserole in this video clip from Carolina Outdoor Journal
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 8 ounces hushpuppy mix with Onions
- 6 cups cooked pasta (3 cups dry)
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, well drained & picked clean
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and toss with 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp salt.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together milk, chicken broth, eggs, sour cream, remaining salt, mustard and pepper.
- Stir in hushpuppy mix with onions, crabmeat and 2 cups cheese; mix well. Fold in macaroni.
- Pour into a casserole dish that has been greased with the remaining oil.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until casserole is set and top begins to brown. Allow casserole to set for 5 minutes before serving.