Creamed Leeks and Roasted Sweet Corn
To remove dirt from leeks – add cut leeks to a bowl of cold water. Mix gently and let sit – most dirt will fall to bottom of bowl.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ea. leeks white part only. sliced and rinsed
- 2 cup sweet corn roasted*
- 2 Tbls. fresh thyme chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast corn: take fresh shaved corn kernels and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, salt, pepper, then place on small cookie sheet and roast in a 375 degree oven (preheated) for 10-12 minutes
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook gently over medium low heat until wilted. Then add roasted corn and fresh thyme, continue to cook 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add heavy cream and turn heat to medium high and cook until mixture thickens, adjust seasoning and serve.