Creamy Carrot-Ginger Soup
Recipe courtesy of Arnold Kauffman
If the words "raw food" sound harsh to you, you probably have not yet been introduced to Arnold Kauffman. Bursting with positive energy, Arnold, who runs a raw food cafe called "Arnold's Way" in Lansdale, PA, has devoted over a decade to the raw food way of life and has inspired many others to follow in his footsteps. His colorful array of smoothies, pies, souls, and pizzas reveal the variety of delicious foods that can be made from natural, vegetarian ingredients - without any cooking at all. WHYY’s Friday Arts meets with Arnold as he explains the logic behind the diet and its numerous health benefits.
Photo Credit: Flickr
- 3 cups carrot juice
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Nama shoyu, or 1 teasp sea salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- Place 1 cup of carrot juice, and the avocados in the blender and blend until well mixed.
- Then add minced ginger, salt, lemon juice, curry, pepper and cayenne and blend on low for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Garnish with shredded carrots and sliced olives.