Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce
An easy creamy lemon butter sauce perfect for seafood or vegetables.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients at a medium-high speed for 10 seconds until well blended. Turn off the blender.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the butter and half and half.
- Microwave the bowl for 30 seconds. The butter should be melted and very warm/hot.
- While the butter mixture is still hot, turn the blender back on again at medium speed.
- With the blender running, slowly add the butter mixture to the egg mixture.
- The heat from the butter will cook the egg mixture through and produce a thin, creamy sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and serve immediately.
- The longer the sauce rests on the counter, the thicker it will get.
- Feel free to add more lemon juice, dill, salt, or pepper to your liking.