Creamy White Bean Dip with Whole Wheat Garlic Pita Chips
Have you ever made your own pita chips before? Jenna Weber of Eat, Live, Run shares her recipe for white bean dip and homemade pita. See the full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice top off garlic (do not peel) and place in a cake pan. Drizzle with two tablespoons oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, let cool and drain oil into a small dish. Keep oven at 400.
- Using a scissors or a very sharp knife, slice pitas into four quarters. Divide each quarter into two so you have thin pieces. Lay pieces on a lined baking sheet and brush with garlic oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake pita chips for 10 minutes then flip and bake for another 10 minutes until crispy.
- To make bean dip, squeeze out garlic cloves into a food processor or high-speed blender. Add beans, cumin, salt, cumin, lemon juice and two tablespoons olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Serve dip drizzled with extra olive oil with pita chips on the side.