Crispy Baked Taquitos with Black Bean Filling
Serve these crispy baked taquitos with sliced mangos. Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble shares this recipes. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
- 15 ounces canned black beans slightly drained
- 14 ounces vegetarian refried beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 12 small (6-8 inch) whole wheat or flour tortillas
- 6 scallions all the green and a little of the white parts, sliced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa for serving
- 1 cup low fat or nonfat sour cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the black beans, refried beans, chili powder, cumin and garlic. Simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Mash the bean mixture until it is a thick puree (you can use a potato masher right in the pan.)
- On a clean plate, lay a tortilla flat and place 2 big tablespoons of bean mixture in the center of the tortilla. Top it with some scallions, tomatoes, and cheese. Roll up the tortilla into a tube shape and place it in the baking pan, seam side down. Repeat until you’ve used all the tortillas. Reserve any leftover filling for dipping.
- Bake the taquitos until they are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. (Slice the mangos while the taquitos are baking.) Serve the taquitos with salsa, sour cream, and/or any leftover black bean filling, if desired.