Crispy Belgian Waffles
These Belgian waffles are such a winner of a recipe. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg yolk (egg white reserved)
- 6 tbls unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Egg White:
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk the wet ingredients together. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using a hand-mixer, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the sugar and continue beating until stiff, glossy peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter until just combined.
- Cook the batter according to your waffle iron’s instructions.