- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or parsley
- Coarse salt
- 1 loaf (8-ounces) Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350° . Cook garlic in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove and finely chop.
- In a small bowl mix garlic with butter, and mint or parsley. Season with salt.
- Spread butter mixture on cut sides of bread. Sandwich together. Bake until crusty and butter has melted about 10 minutes.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 181 calories; 12.4 grams fat; 2.8 grams protein; 15.1 grams carbohydrates; 0.9 gram fiber