Crispy Mascarpone Stuffed Mushrooms
These crispy mascarpone stuffed mushrooms have a variety of cheeses mixed with the lemon zest and garlic. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or grated with the microplane
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 24 oz crimini mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, garlic, red pepper flakes, Gruyere cheese, a pinch of salt and a few rounds of freshly ground pepper.
- In another small bowl, mix together 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and the Panko bread crumbs. Brush the remaining olive oil (1 tablespoon) on a baking sheet. Flip over the mushrooms and fill the caps with the cheesy mixture. Transfer to a baking sheet and sprinkle the tops with the Panko mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are crispy and golden brown. Serve immediately.