Cuban Black Beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 jalapeños seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cooked black beans (drained and rinsed if canned)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 TBS fresh lime juice
- In a skillet, heat garlic and oil over moderate heat until garlic is fragrant and stir in onion, bell pepper, carrot and jalapeño.
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in beans, coriander, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring til heated through. Keep warm til serving time.