Curried Chicken Salad
Turn dry chicken into a curry-infused chicken salad dish from food blogger Marc Matsumoto of the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 70 grams raw cashew nuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- 410 grams cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 100 grams grapes, cut in half
- 60 grams celery (about 1 rib), diced
- 20 grams scallions (about 2 scallions), chopped
- Add the raw cashew nuts to a cast iron or stainless steel pan and toast over medium low heat, stirring (or tossing) constantly to keep the nuts from scorching on one side. Once the nuts are a uniform medium brown, transfer to a plate to cool.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, mango chutney, curry powder, salt, black pepper and lemon juice together in a medium bowl.
- Add the chicken, grapes, celery and scallions and stir to combine.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce, or in a sandwich.