Curry Fried Rice
Make this curry fried rice recipe for a quick, fragrant side dish. This stir-fry is made with carrots, onions, ham, scallions, eggs, and seasonings. Food blogger Marc Matsumoto offers advice on stir-fry technique in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs, whisked in a bowl
- 1/2 small onion, fine dice
- 1/3 carrot, fine dice
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 80 grams, sliced ham, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 scallion sliced thin
- Heat a frying pan or wok over high heat until hot. Add half of the oil and then swirl it around the pan to coat. Add the egg and scramble vigorously with a spatula to break it up into small chunks. When the eggs, are barely cooked, transfer them to a plate.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan along with the onion and carrot. Stir-fry until the carrots are tender.
- Add the rice, using your hands to crumble the rice apart as much as possible. Stir-fry, using the spatula to break up the rice so that there are no clumps.
- Add the ham, and then sprinkle on the curry powder, soy sauce, and pepper. Stir-fry until the curry is fragrant and the rice is shiny. Return the egg to the pan along with the scallions and mix to combine. Taste for salt and adjust as needed.